If Alice from the most-loved fairy-tale ‘Alice in Wonderland’ would’ve been in her 60s, then she would’ve certainly found herself at Seniority exploring new and exciting possibilities. Seniority is an exciting opportunity for inspired people to live life on their own terms, in their own way. It is a celebration for all those who will finally not be held back, those who are ready to dive in to a world filled with passion, creativity and zeal.
1. Alaska Add something offbeat to your US holiday. Make room for this this ‘magical wonder’ called Alaska, a perfect place for a relaxing holiday. Sign up for the famed Alaska cruise and enjoy your time watching the cascading waterfalls, glaciers or spot whales taking a dive.
2. The Caribbean Take off for a beach holiday to the Caribbean, for some of the best beaches in the world. Take a pick from any of the following exotic destinations to live your dream vacation: US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Anguilla, Nevis, Antigua, Curacao, The Bahamas, Cayman Islands and Dominican Republic.
3. Hawaii If beach is your thing to do, then Hawaii should be another ‘must do’ on your list. It is popular for its sun-kissed and multi-coloured sand beaches – from black to green to orange. And, many restaurants and shops offer discounts to those over 50 years of age. Enjoy!
4. Tuscany, Italy Get ready to have wine under the Tuscany Sun, and enjoy some of life’s sweetest pleasures. The weather, the food and the landscape make it just wonderful for those who want to take it easy in life. Here’s your cue for the top picks, when in Tuscany: Pistoia, Lucca, Chianti, Montecatini Terme and Versilia.
5. Sicily, Italy This is another not-to-be-missed Italian wonder. Located in the Mediterranean Sea, Sicily boasts of jaw-dropping ocean views. It is one of the Italian destinations recommended for those who want to soak in every minute of the life gone by. Go for wine tasting, or simply gorge on delicious Italian meals.
6. Laos, Thailand Laos is one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the region. “Whether it is the cities of the lowlands or the remote villages of the highlands, Laos offers some wonderful opportunities for local interaction,” - Lonely Planet guide to Laos. So, make way to this magical place and get lost in its peaceful surroundings.
7. Melbourne, Australia It is one of Australia’s coolest cities, and has something for everyone. Melbourne is a hive of cultural activities with museums, galleries and live music venues. It is a gateway to the best-in-class wineries, natural springs, peninsulas, breath-taking coastline and alpine villages.
8. Canada If Montreal has the feel, language, cuisine and culture of France, then Vancouver offers the best of outdoor adventure with plenty of green spaces and recreation. Vancouver is one of the few places in the world where you can ski in the morning and sail in the afternoon, on the same day. Canada has it all!
9. Tulum, Mexico This offbeat destination is tranquil, and is known for its quiet beach towns with clear, blue water and plenty of activities to relax and unwind. You can indulge in biking, beach walking, yoga, swimming, diving or simply take a spa-cation alongside this beautiful coastline.
10. South Africa If you love the outdoors, and don’t mind getting up and close with wildlife, then South Africa is the place for you. Explore your adventurous side or simply loose yourself in one of the beautiful wonders of the world. And, while you are there don’t miss Africa’s oldest National Park – Kruger
Take your pick and start striking off those dream holiday destinations you’ve always wanted to get to. Happy Travels!