7 Anti-Aging Secrets You Should Try Now
Ageing is inevitable. But who says ageing has to be dull, stressful, unattractive, and unpleasant? People around the world are changing the rules of ageing. And It’s all in your hands. Some simple changes in your lifestyle will help you age gracefully.
Here is a list of 7 amazing things that you should incorporate in your lives today, to be thankful tomorrow.
1. Additions in the diet
Everything we eat to fuel ourselves shows its impact on our skin. Therefore, even before we decide what creams, serums, lotions, and treatments we take up to treat our skin, it’s important to check what we fuel it with. Here are some foods, an answer to the question ‘what is anti-ageing food,’ you should include in your diet.
2. Give up on these things for a better tomorrow
- Stop smoking
This cannot be stressed enough. You already know almost all the reasons why you shouldn’t be smoking, and to add one more to the list, smoking damages your skin. Premature ageing, stained teeth, wrinkles, and sagging skin, and an increased risk of psoriasis are all caused by smoking.
- Limit your caffeine intake
Caffeine is not age-friendly. It stresses your adrenals. For long time happy and functioning adrenals, keep a check on your caffeine intake.
- Stop picking your zits and pimples
Picking at your pimples, zits, and skin causes scars, dark spots, and wrinkles. Stop it.
- Limit Sodium intake
Salty food tastes good, but it also takes a toll on your skin by sucking in moisture. Try to limit salt intake, and keep your body hydrated.
- Alcohol is a no-no
Alcohol increases free radical damage (the ones that cause heart failures and Alzheimer’s). Try as much as possible, to steer clear of alcohol.
For the younger ones, staying up all night or waking up early and functioning on a few hours of sleep is easier. However, as you start to age, proper bedtime and maintaining healthy sleep time is crucial. Benefits of sleeping are never-ending, for your skin too. Go to bed early, limit your screen time, and improve your quality of sleep.
4. Add these products to your skincare regimen, even before you start ageing and tackle the fear of how to choose anti-ageing skin care:
- Eye cream: Improves blood circulation, keeps wrinkles and fine lines at bay, keeps a check on dark circles and helps your eyes stay fresh.
- Serum: Serums are great for combating signs of ageing as they penetrate deep into the skin and gives your skin a boost of life.
- Masks: Masks are wonders when it comes to treating skin. Instead of always going for the same type, try different homemade, chemical, and hydrating masks to fight skin issues.
- Don’t ever sleep with your makeup on.
5. Take care of your hair
Hair starts to thin, grey, and fall as we age, and they need attention too.
- Biotin is a great supplement to take for lustrous, healthy-looking hair.
- Coconut oil is a deep conditioner that can keep your scalp from drying and your hair from being brittle.
- Stock up on hair serums so they can work their magic too.
- Choose your shampoo wisely.
- Also, rinsing your hair with cold water after a hot water bath is a great way to lock in the moisture.
6. Exercise, Meditate, Try Yoga, and Move Around
Pick what you like and use it for your benefit. Meditation and yoga help reduce stress, improve brain function, improve sleep quality, and improve your lifestyle. Exercising helps your body stay fit and active, even in older age. Swimming, walking, cycling, cardio, are all great forms of exercises, and depending on your wish, you can pick what you like. Exercising is great for your skin too.
7. Make time for yourself
Lives get busier with every passing day. But, making time for yourself has to be on your priority list.
- Socialize and get to know new people.
- Take a stroll in the park every day, enjoying nature and being grateful for things in life.
- Read, and never leave your curiosity to know learn and know new things. This will keep your brain active.
- Take your regular health check-ups seriously.
Ageing is a truly wonderful process if you do it right. Start taking yourself seriously, slow down your ageing process, and get ready for the onset of age gracefully!