1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies for Seniority.in
This should fix any common caching issues. To do this, you would just need to search online for the directions for your browser for deleting cookies from specific sites; for example, these are the directions for clearing in Google Chrome browser.
2. Log in from an incognito window or another browser.
If you are able to log in using one of these methods successfully, you may need to clear cookies for the browser you have used previously. For example, if you originally tried logging in with Safari, try Google Chrome.
For any queries : Call @ +91 87502 39239 (9AM to 9PM) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The past several months have been quite harsh for everyone. With all public places shut down due to the Covid-19 pandemic, people have had to stay under home quarantine for a long period of time.
This has been rather tough for senior citizens. Since they can no longer continue with their regular routine, they have found it quite difficult to cope up with this lockdown.
Thus, seniors have come up with different ways to keep themselves occupied. Whether it is participating in Virtual Workshops or being a part of an Online Seniors Club, senior citizens are trying to make the most of these circumstances by staying productive.
One of the best ways for seniors to stay active during this pandemic is by taking up some interesting art and craft activities. These activities can help combat depression and loneliness among seniors and can also help them avoid social isolation.
Benefits of Art and Craft for Elderly
1. Improves Mental Health - Among the various benefits of art and craft, the effect that it has on a person’s mental health is probably the most important one. Art and craft activities require a certain level of focus and concentration.
This stimulates the brain and allows seniors to stay mentally active. Art and craft also helps them avoid common feelings of anxiety, loneliness and depression.
2. Better Cognitive Health - Another main benefit of art and craft is that it gives older adults an opportunity to have a free and creative mindset. Taking up such activities gives rise to innovative thinking and can help boost their cognitive health as well.
While they help improve mental health, art and craft activities are also one of the best ways to avoid problems like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia among seniors.
3. Improves Physical Health – Apart from being truly beneficial for a senior’s mental condition, art and craft is also known to have a positive effect on their physical health. These activities have an impact on the nervous system and can even help control the heart rate.
Due to higher concentration levels, art and craft activities can also help the elderly avoid accidental slips and falls. Seniors may also require less medication which can eventually…
4. Improve Overall Happiness - Issues like social isolation and depression are quite common among the elderly. Thus, one of the main benefits of art and craft is that it can give seniors a certain kind of happiness and can help improve their overall well-being as well.
Seniors who are involved with activities like art and craft always have something to look forward to. This gives them a sense of satisfaction and also brings a lot of fun and excitement into their lives.
5. Increased Social Interaction - Since, most seniors live alone, they sometimes find it difficult make new friends or meet new people. The current situation has made it even more tough for seniors to have healthy interactions.
However, when seniors partake in engaging activities like Virtual Dance Therapy, Online Antakshari Sessions or Virtual Art and Craft Workshops, it allows them to have proper interactions with different people on a regular basis.
6. Reduces Stress - Just like depression or anxiety, seniors often struggle to manage their stress levels. However, regular art and craft sessions can help divert their attention away from any problems.
Thus, art and craft can have a positive impact on their mind and works as an ideal stress-buster for seniors. It also improves their overall confidence, self-esteem and most importantly, it gives them…
7. Sense of Purpose - The loss of purpose is one of the main reasons why seniors suffer from mental health issues. The retirement life can have an adverse effect on the elderly, as they sometimes feel like their life has no meaning or goal.
Art and craft allows seniors to get physically, mentally and socially involved in a meaningful activity. It gives them a sense of responsibility and helps them feel like they are contributing to something important. This helps them experience a renewed sense of purpose and belonging in life.
8. Independent Living - Most older adults who are reliant on others for their day-to-day tasks can end up feeling sad or low about it. Feelings of helplessness are common among seniors which can lead to other long-term effects on their mental health.
Thus, art and craft activities are quite helpful as they allow seniors to learn something new and also gives them the chance to have total control over what they would like to create. This can help them feel confident in their abilities and can also help the elderly achieve a sense of freedom.
9. Self-Realization - This is one of the most important benefits of art and craft. It gives the elderly an opportunity to interact with people who might also be facing similar physical and mental issues.
Partaking in Online Activities of Art and Craft during this pandemic allows seniors to form new, meaningful friendships. This can help them avoid thoughts of self-doubt and can also allow them to have some much-needed acceptance for themselves.
These were some of the major and important benefits of art and craft for the elderly. Although it can seem like a simple task, art and craft activities give seniors a chance to think, interact and create freely.
This is one of the main reasons why Seniority has come forward with a unique but helpful initiative – The Seniors Club. A virtual platform where seniors from all over the country can connect, learn and explore new ideas.
The Seniors Club gives senior citizens an opportunity to participate in a wide range of virtual activities and workshops. These include Virtual Zumba Workshops, Online Tambola Sessions, Virtual Cooking Workshops, Online Gardening Sessions and many more.
Click on the link given below to be a part of our Seniors Club and participate in fun and exciting activities everyday.
Share this now :
Be a part of our evergreen community by joining us on our social media channels. Your presence will only help us grow bigger and serve you better. Stay in touch and interact with us on the channels below