All You Need to Know About Copper Water Bottles
Water is, without a doubt, one of the most important elements of life. Without water, there would be no life! Transparent, odourless, colourless and tasteless, water is essential for most living organisms even though it is a known fact that the liquid does not have any organic nutrients in it. The human body, especially, relies heavily on water since it uses this fluid for almost all the important body functions. 60 to 70% of our body is made up of water. What’s more, human blood is 90% water!
We could go on and on about facts and statistics like these, but the point is that water is life.
It is improbable that someone could survive without any water for more than a couple of days. So, when we are talking about an indispensable element like water, shouldn’t we think about the quality of water we drink?
12 great benefits of drinking adequate water
Experts reckon that we need at least eight glasses of water in a day since it serves various purposes that no other substance can serve. Here are a few essential functions that water primarily fulfils:
- Water regulates the body temperature
- It flushes out toxins and waste (in the form of sweat, urine, faeces)
- It helps in forming saliva and mucus
- It keeps our joints lubricated, avoiding friction
- It cushions internal parts such as the spinal cord, brain, and tissues
- It helps in maintaining normal blood pressure levels
- It is essential for our kidneys
- It helps to lose weight
- It enables the blood to carry oxygen to all parts of the body
- It promotes healthy skin
- It pushes minerals and other nutrients to different parts of the body
- It supports the digestive system and regulates metabolism
We have all studied the virtues of water back in school when we were kids, but we tend to overlook the importance of water as we grow older. It is no secret that staying hydrated is key to maintaining good health, but on an average, we fail to maintain the required intake of water on a daily basis.
What you need to know about storing drinking water
What is also interesting is the fact that most households in India use plastic bottles to store water. Prolonged usage of recycled or low-grade plastic bottles for the storage of drinking water can lead to more harm than you think. Our ancestors, for centuries, relied on copper containers to store water. However, this trend seems to have died out over the last century or so. If we were to refer to ancient Ayurveda texts and modern science-backed studies, this method of drinking water storage would come up trumps compared to any other means.
In a world that is obsessed with RO purifiers, UV filters and a whole lot of made-up marketing jargon, the concept of using copper vessels for drinking water storage may sound archaic to most people.
However, this concept is anything but outdated. Did you know that the United States Environmental Protection Agency (or EPA) has officially registered copper as the only solid material that successfully kills bacteria and protects human beings from potential health risks? The oligodynamic effect (copper ions dissolving in water) works wonders on drinking water when it is stored in a copper utensil or bottle for more than 8 hours, eliminating any harmful entities present therein.
Advantages of using copper bottles to store drinking water
The intrinsic worth of storing water in copper bottles lies in the fact that copper creates a natural purification process that:
- Kills microorganisms present in the water
- Gets rid of molds, fungi, bacteria, and algae
- Adds copper’s qualities to water
- Neutralizes any toxins present in the water
- Prevents water-borne diseases
- Keeps our digestive system healthy
- Fights anaemia
- Regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Stimulates the brain and improves its functioning
- Slows down the ageing process
Those are strong enough reasons to consider this option seriously. Ayurveda claims that the intake of copper-enriched water on an empty stomach every morning can balance the three doshas (or tridosha) – Kapha, Vata, and Pitta. In addition to this, it boosts metabolism and aids in the regularized functioning of essential organs. In Sanskrit, the therapeutic water stored in a copper utensil is called tamra jal.
Science, too, backs this argument, stating that copper’s antimicrobial, anticarcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties make drinking water better for human consumption.
When there are so many undeniable benefits of consuming water from copper bottles, what’s stopping you from trying it?
8 reliable copper water bottles and combo packs
Are you convinced about the benefits of drinking water stored in copper bottles yet? If you have been guilty of storing water in plastic or glass bottles, it is time to make the switch. Wondering where you can find the right kind of copper bottles? Right here at Seniority, of course!
Here are eight fantastic copper water bottle designs and options to choose from:
Kill all the microorganisms present in your drinking water make it perfectly fit for drinking by storing it in this Seamless 100% Copper Bottle by Aayu. Start your mornings with purified, ionized water with this pocket-friendly copper bottle!
Want more than one bottle? Looking for a family pack? We have a handy pack of three copper bottles (850ML each) from Aayu, an Indian brand trusted by thousands of patrons. This super-saver combo pack is ideal for small families or for people who want to keep copper bottles handy at different places (at home, in the office, etc.).
Made from the purest copper, Aayu’s 650ML Seamless Bottle is the one-stop solution for your everyday water storage needs. Make sure you take a break for a month after using this bottle for three months. Before you resume storing water in it, wash it thoroughly to ensure it is clean. The 650ML variant is perfect for those who are looking for a relatively smaller and portable option. This product is ideal for senior citizens, gym-goers and frequent travellers.
Purify your body with the purest form of water with these fabulous copper bottles by Aayu, a brand that is redefining norms. The premium copper bottle is available in a pack of three, so go ahead and shop for this combo offer to save money and experience the magic of copper-charged water.
The largest size available, the one-litre version of the 99.9% pure copper bottle by Aayu is a sleek and stunning product. Tested in the laboratory and with a high-quality protective ‘lacquer’ coating, this bottle is just what you would love to have on your bedside table, office table and dining table.
Boost your brain health, improve the functioning of your heart, strengthen your immunity and start your journey towards healthier skin by drinking water from a copper bottle. This Seamless copper water bottle is designed to deliver manifold health benefits and looks absolutely stunning.
Manufactured using 99.9% pure copper, this lovely little copper water bottle for kids is coated with lacquer to avoid the outside surface from blackening. The lab-tested, lightweight water bottle for children comes with handy sipper cap, so it is easy for kids to drink water throughout the day, whether they are at school, out on the field or at home. Trust us, your kid is going to love this one!
Bid adieu to toxins with this copper water bottle! Designed to store a litre of water, the bottle’s leak-proof cap makes it just the perfect product that you can carry anywhere you go. Our favourite part about this bottle is that it not only serves its purpose to perfection but also looks beautiful. The pineapple-textured outside surface of the copper bottle adds aesthetic sense and makes it look like a piece of art!
Apart from the fact that these eight handy products serve your specific need to use copper bottles for storing drinking water, they also look great and are designed to make jaws drop in awe! Go right ahead and place your orders online at www.seniority.in and get these wonderful copper water bottles shipped to your doorstep for free.
How to clean a copper water bottle? How often should you clean it?
A newly-purchased copper bottle or vessel needs to be cleaned before you use it for the first time. You can follow the steps given below for cleaning/rinsing your copper bottles (at any given point of time):
- Step 1: Wash the copper bottle with normal water
- Step 2: Use a mixture of lime, salt, and vinegar to clean the inside portion of the bottle
- Step 3: Use mild soapy water to clean the outer surface
- Step 4: Rinse the bottle with normal water and leave it to dry
Make sure you avoid using harsh detergents, soaps or scrubs on either the inside or the outside of a copper bottle, since this may damage the surface. Due to oxidation, it is natural and completely normal for copper bottles to get stained or darken in colour with time, but cleaning them using the aforementioned step-wise process can ensure that your bottles stay clean and last longer.
Bonus tips for using copper bottles to store drinking water
- Ensure that you are buying pure copper bottles: It is pretty easy to identify if the bottle or vessel you have really is copper. Pure copper gives out a reddish glow when you apply lemon juice on it and rinse it with water. Try doing this at home.
- Fill the bottle with water and leave it overnight: When the water is left in the copper container for a few hours, you give it the best chance for the oligodynamic process to take place naturally.
- Make sure you drink it on an empty stomach every morning: Water intake on an empty stomach is said to have excellent effects on the body, metabolism and digestion process.
- Never keep the copper bottle in the refrigerator: It is always best to drink water at room temperature.
- Make sure you clean your copper bottles/vessels every three months: Use the bottle for three months and then take a break for a month or so. In this period, wash and clean the bottle and allow it to dry naturally.
- It is not necessary to drink water from a copper bottle throughout the day: Once in the morning and once in the evening (or just before bed) is good enough to give you the amount of copper that is deemed ‘necessary’.
Seniority is committed to providing patrons, customers and senior citizens around India the highest quality of wellness products and solutions that benefit the mind, body, and soul. If you have any more questions related to the usage of copper bottles for storing drinking water, ask us in the comments below and we will be happy to answer!