1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies for Seniority.in
This should fix any common caching issues. To do this, you would just need to search online for the directions for your browser for deleting cookies from specific sites; for example, these are the directions for clearing in Google Chrome browser.
2. Log in from an incognito window or another browser.
If you are able to log in using one of these methods successfully, you may need to clear cookies for the browser you have used previously. For example, if you originally tried logging in with Safari, try Google Chrome.
For any queries : Call @ +91 87502 39239 (9AM to 9PM) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who doesn’t like an old-fashioned game of Tambola or Antakshari? These were common games that we used to play during picnics or family get-togethers. Although they have given us some of our best childhood memories, these engaging games can also help us during the later stages of life.
That’s right. As we age, we tend to get slower and experience problems like reduced attention span, decline in problem-solving abilities or inability to remember things. All of these issues are quite common among the elderly, but can have a serious impact on their cognitive health.
What is Cognitive Health?
It is our ability to clearly learn, think and remember. Cognitive health is one of the most essential aspects of our brain health and also plays an important role in our decision-making abilities.
While there are different activities that may improve cognitive health, it is often difficult for the elderly to participate in such activities due to their age and physical health.
However, over the past several months, our ways of communication and social interaction have completely moved towards digital platforms. This has made it possible for the elderly to participate in various online games and quizzes that can help improve their cognitive health.
Benefits of Online Activities
1. Engages Your Brain - Participating in online games and activities keeps the brain buzzing and allows you to stay mentally active. Similarly, being a part of an online quiz competition would be the ideal workout for your mind and may help improve brain health as well.
2. Improved Attention Span - Most elders often face a decline in attention span. Online quizzes are a great way to improve your attention span, as it requires you to concentrate and stay focused for a longer period of time.
3. Reduced Memory Loss - Apart from experiencing improved attention span, elders can also work on their memory problems through quizzes and online games like Antakshari. These games require the players to have good memory skills which can prove to be beneficial for the elderly.
4. Stimulates the Mind - Playing these online games against other people helps stimulate the brain. Games like Tambola are also extremely helpful as they allow stimulation of memory and allow the elderly to have engaging conversations with others. Speaking of which…
5. Increased Interaction - Social interaction is known to help combat depression among seniors. Thus, participating in online games allows the elderly to interact with people on a regular basis. It gives them an opportunity to talk to different people and have fun-filled conversations as well.
6. Decline in Social Isolation - Social isolation is a very common issue among most senior citizens. Therefore, online activities that allow seniors to talk about their experiences and express their thoughts can eventually help reduce feelings of isolation or loneliness.
7. Safety & Convenience - One of the most important benefits of online games and activities is that seniors can easily be a part of them from the comfort of their homes. This is really helpful, especially for elders who face mobility issues and cannot participate in certain physical games.
Online Games That Can Improve Cognitive Health
Online Antakshari - Antakshari is one of our most favorite childhood games. Although most of us are stuck at home due to the lockdown, you can still play Online Antakshari against many of your virtual friends.
It is an engaging way to improve your memory skills and also allows you to experience a classic game in a new, virtual way.
Online Tambola - Another classic game that brings back fond memories of our childhood is Tambola. Playing this game virtually gives you an entirely different experience and also keeps you engaged.
Online Tambola stimulates your brain and allows you to stay mentally active as well. Also, it is an excellent way to drive away boredom and have some much-needed fun during this period of lockdown.
Online Quiz - Quizzes are an interesting way to keep your mind active during this lockdown. These online quizzes are an ideal option for you to engage and learn new things.
Although they are a fun way to pass time, these quizzes also allow you to improve your memory skills, think freely and improve your cognitive health as well.
Online Pictionary - This popular word-guessing game is another exciting way to improve your concentration and attention span. Moreover, it is an engaging game that allows the players to get completely involved and makes for some fun competition.
This game can help the elderly experience a new way of social interaction and will also help stimulate their brain. Online Pictionary requires good memory skills and also puts your cognitive abilities to the test.
As we now move towards a world of social distancing, it is very important that we pay attention to the needs and desires of our seniors. Being a part of interactive an interactive online community is the best way to combat social isolation and loneliness among the elderly.
Thus, Seniors Club is an excellent initiative by Seniority that gives our elders the opportunity to stay socially active even during this pandemic. With engaging events like Online Gardening Workshops, Virtual Cooking Sessions and Online Games for senior citizens, the Seniors Club gives the elderly a platform to connect, learn and explore new ideas.
Click on the link below to be a part of our Seniors Club and participate in exciting events for FREE.
Share this now :
Be a part of our evergreen community by joining us on our social media channels. Your presence will only help us grow bigger and serve you better. Stay in touch and interact with us on the channels below