“Eating is a Necessity, but Cooking is an Art”.
While some of us may be naturally gifted chefs, others may develop their skills over time. But, the love for cooking remains the same. We all like to prepare delicious, mouth-watering dishes and we look for ways to improve our cooking skills too.
With that in mind, Seniority recently organized an Online Cooking Hacks Workshop that was headed by Seniority’s own MasterChef - Barsha Bhattacahrya. This virtual event was attended by beginners as well as people who wanted some useful tips to improve their cooking game.
During this event, Chef Barsha discussed some very valuable cooking hacks that can help you save time and energy as you prepare your scrumptious meals. She also shared recipes for some of her favorite dishes that are unique and easy to cook as well.
Beetroot and Aloo Kabli
One of the recipes shared by Chef Barsha was Beetroot and Aloo Kabli. This is a special dish that includes just 4 main ingredients. It is a healthy meal and is easy to cook too. It is an ideal dish for people who wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Beetroot, Potatoes, Peppercorn, Chilies, Tomatoes, Onions, Coriander, Cucumber, Salt
How to Prepare
- Boil the potatoes
- Peel and cut them into small dices
- Take the beetroot and blanch it for about 5 minutes
- Peel and chop it into dices as well
- Now, add the beetroot and potatoes with chopped chilies, tomatoes, coriander, cucumber and toss them lightly
- Add some salt along with roasted cumin, coriander, red chili and peppercorn powder
- You can add lemon and sprinkle some chaat masala and peanuts on top as well
Another recipe shared by Chef Barsha was Jeera Biscotti or Jeera Naankaatai. You can have this healthy snack with your morning tea or any time during the day as well. It is easy to prepare and also requires just a few main ingredients.
Cream (100 gm), Unsalted Butter, Powdered Sugar (2 tbsp), Baking Soda, Baking Powder
- Add Cream with unsalted butter and powdered sugar
- Add ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- Take this mixture and add ¼ spoon baking soda and ½ spoon baking powder
- Now, whisk this mixture nicely and add 1 tbsp of salt
- Use your hands to mix it properly until it becomes moist
- Roll the mixture into foil paper and place it in the freezer for 30 mins
- Now, take it out of the freezer and cut it into your desired shape
- Bake it for 20 minutes at 170°C and then add Jeera to it
- Preheat in the oven for another 15 minutes at 200°C and your Jeera Biscotti dish is ready
While Chef Barsha spoke about her recipes, the attendees also shared were also more than happy to share their own personal recipes. So, here are some of the mouth-watering recipes shared by the attendees of the Online Cooking Hacks Workshop.
Tasty Breakfast Recipe – Mrs. Anitha Rajarajan
- Take some milk and boil it for sometime
- Curdle the milk and strain it through a cloth
- Pour it in your mixer and add coriander leaves along with some chilies
- Grind it for a while and then you can have it with bread toast
Biscuit Sev Puri (Indian Snack) – Mrs. Sushma Porwal
- Take a few Monaco biscuits
- Add some mashed potatoes and some sev on top of these biscuits
- You can then have these sev puris as your healthy Indian snack
This Online Cooking Hacks Workshop was a huge success as the attendees got to learn new hacks and some amazing healthy recipes. Also, they were able to share their own memories about cooking and spoke about their experiences as well.
Share this now :
Be a part of our evergreen community by joining us on our social media channels. Your presence will only help us grow bigger and serve you better. Stay in touch and interact with us on the channels below