A wide range of medical devices, items or gadgets, that are used by a physician or a medical practitioner to diagnose, monitor, or treat certain ailments or medical conditions can collectively be put under the comprehensive term ‘Medical Equipment’. It includes a variety of products like BP monitors, Thermometers, Pulse Oximeters, Glucometers, Nebulizers, Weighing machines, Hearing aids etc. Seniority has made available a platform for you to shop for this medical equipment online at best prices and has ensured that you have the best quality of products to choose from.
Buy Medical Equipment Online in India:
One can buy medical equipment from world class brands online at Seniority. It houses over 50 brands that are known for their top-quality medical instruments. You can find them at low prices and affordable deals at Seniority.
Definition of Medical Equipment:
The World Health Organization (WHO)
defines Medical Equipment as those devices which need to be -
• Repaired from time to time and,
• Require a trained user for its operation
Such devices have flexible utility i.e. they can either be used alone or can be used by suitably pairing up with other accessories or devices as per the medical requirement of the patient. The term Medical Equipment does not include the devices that are implantable, and which are single-use or disposable.
Types of Medical Equipment:
Medical Equipment is a very important part of healthcare and it plays a crucial role in the treatment of patients. The Equipment assists the health professionals in the proper examination and assessment of different medical conditions and ailments. Without perfect diagnosis, treating different health disorders can be extremely difficult. It is important that the correct type of equipment is used in a correct manner, in order to obtain a crystal-clear result or diagnosis. Broadly, the term Medical Equipment can be classified as below:
• Diagnostic Equipment - This type includes tools/devices/instruments that serve the purpose of purely diagnosing the health condition of a patient. The health professional performs diagnostic tests which are based on the symptoms which are described by the patients. The intention here is to examine abnormalities in the affected parts of the body which are causing the symptoms to appear. E.g. CT Scan, X-ray machine, MRI Scan etc.
• Durable Medical Equipment - The equipment which is primarily used for therapeutic assistance for the patients fall under this type. These are essentially supposed to be prescribed by a health professional and intend to serve a particular medical purpose. They are usually reusable for a long time at hospitals or even at home. Eg Wheelchairs, Walkers, Crutches, Nebulizers, Traction kits, Breast pumps etc.
• Treatment Equipment - The medical device which is designed essentially to treat a specific health condition can fall into this type. Such devices make use of modern technology to tackle the existing abnormalities so that the proper functioning of the affected organ is restored. E.g. Infusion pumps, Medical Lasers, Diagnostics scopes etc. Equipment like Surgical caps, Gloves, Glasses etc are used for surgical procedures.
• Life Support Equipment - The equipment which intends to retain the bodily functions of the patient are categorized as Life Support Equipment. In the absence of these devices, the organ systems of the patient may cease to function on their own. Eg Ventilators, Dialysis Machine Incubators etc.
• Medical Laboratory Equipment – Medical clinics or diagnostic laboratories largely use Medical Laboratory Equipment. The primary use of this equipment is for the purpose of various kinds of analysis which includes blood, urine, genes and other biological samples. The common examples are Blood collection supplies, Microbiological systems, Haematology analysers, Urinalysis analysers etc.
Medical Devices and Medical Instruments: Meaning and Difference:
Medical Devices and Medical Instruments are ambiguous terms. It is a matter of contemplation if they mean the same or have distinct connotations. The terms Medical Devices and Medical Instruments are often used interchangeably and do not seem to have any major difference. However, a minute observation may lead you to the conclusion that there may be a fine difference between them based upon their functionality. For our general understanding, we can define them as below:
• Medical Device - A medical device performs the tasks of diagnosing or monitoring different health conditions or ailments. It also is used to detect, measure, restore, correct, or modify the structure and function of the body for some health issue. A device does so, without causing any chemical or metabolic changes in the body. It has the sole purposes of detection or examination. E.g. BP monitor and Glucometer - These medical devices will help you examine or monitor the changes in your blood pressure and blood sugar, respectively. They have a longer lifespan and durability.
• Medical Instrument - A medical instrument is used as an aid in performing clinical or surgical procedures unlike a medical device. It helps in performing specific procedures on the patients which can cause chemical, metabolic, or physiological changes in the human body. E.g. Syringes, Needles, Scalpel, Surgical blades, Scissors etc. Another point of differentiation is that instruments are available in different shapes and sizes and some of them may often have to be disposed after a single use.
Buying Medical Devices Online at Seniority -
Seniority is an E-commerce platform which specializes in catering to the needs of senior citizens. It has made available a wide range of medical supplies online for the customers to choose from. You can find the best quality medical instruments and healthcare equipment on the site. Our range comprises medical devices like Oximeters, BP monitors, Glucometers, Nebulizers, Thermometers, Pulse Oximeters, etc.
While buying medical equipment online, it is important to understand the purpose for which it is intended to be used. Each device is specialized to perform a specific function and customers must choose the device as per the health condition or medical requirement of the patient. Below are the details of each medical device that is available for you online at Seniority.
• BP Monitor - A Blood Pressure monitor helps you check or keep a track of your blood pressure. There are two types of BP monitoring devices i.e. Manual BP apparatus and Digital BP monitor. As the manual BP apparatus needs another person for its operation and cannot be used by the patients on their own, most people prefer to use the digital BP Monitors. These can be operated by the individual on his/her own without requiring any assistance. However, while buying a BP monitor online, it is important to know which cuff size is perfect for you. If you use a BP monitor of the wrong cuff size, you may end up getting a wrong result.
Seniority has the best quality manual as well as digital
BP monitors >>
from world class brands like Omron, Rossmax, Beurer, Apollo Pharmacy etc
available for you at best prices. You can choose a suitable device from a
wide range of brands and prices. There are Automatic BP monitors, Mercurial
BP monitors, Aneroid Sphygmomanometers etc available at best deal prices in
• Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor from iHealth>>
• Glucometer - Glucometer or Blood Glucose Meter is a device which is used to determine the concentration of glucose in your blood. This device is used by people having a health condition of abnormal blood sugar levels or diabetes. As this device is small and portable, it can be easily used at home and can help the patients manage their health condition well if they keep a track of their blood sugar regularly. This device lets you monitor your blood sugar in a hassle-free manner, requiring only a single drop of blood. Patients can conveniently check their blood sugar levels in the comfort of their homes.
• Nebulizer - A
is a device that helps convert medications or drugs in the form of mist
which is inhaled by the patient into the lungs. This device is generally
used by the patients having asthma, cystic fibrosis or other respiratory
disorders. Nebulizers enable quick and speedy administration of drugs
directly into the lungs of the patients in the form of mist which the
patient inhales through a mask.
You can find a wide range of nebulizers from top international brands like
Dr. Morepen, Omron, Phillips, Deemark, Beurer etc. at Seniority. A
lucrative range of brands and prices has been made available for our
customers to help them find a suitable device for themselves.
You can find a wide range of nebulizers from top international brands like Dr. Morepen, Omron, Phillips, Deemark, Beurer etc. at Seniority. A lucrative range of brands and prices has been made available for our customers to help them find a suitable device for themselves.
• Pulse Oximeter - The oxygen levels in your blood can be determined through a painless procedure called pulse oximetry. The Pulse Oximeter uses a non-invasive technique to check the saturation level of oxygen in your blood. This device can be attached to your fingertip in a painless manner which then passes two wavelengths of light through the finger which helps measure your pulse rate and the concentration of oxygen. Generally, readings obtained in a range of 95 to 100 percent are considered to be normal. Any result below 90 indicates low oxygen levels.
Pulse Oximeters >>
from brands like Dr. Morepen, Beurer, Deemark, Easy Care, Smart Care etc.
which constitutes a lucrative range of oximeters at the most attractive
prices in India. Customers can choose from some of the best deals online
for medical equipment in India.
• Thermometer - The change in body temperature is a common symptom for some ailments. Body temperature is a detrimental factor when it comes to diagnosis of certain illnesses. A thermometer is a device which helps track the rise and fall in temperature of the body. It helps obtain quick and accurate results and helps you manage and treat certain ailments. Different kinds of Thermometers >> are available in the market which differ on basis of the method which it uses to take the reading.
There are Non-Contact Thermometers, Digital Thermometers, Rectal Thermometers, Oral Thermometers, Ear Thermometers etc. Buy thermometers and other medical supplies online at Seniority from its premium range of brands like Rossmax, Easy Care, Apollo Pharmacy, Beurer, Equinox, Omron to name a few.
• ECG Devices - The test which checks the functioning of your heart and its electrical activity is known as the Electrocardiogram or ECG. Your every single heartbeat passes an electrical impulse through your heart which leads to the squeezing of the muscles of the heart and causes it to pump out blood. This test checks your heart rate, its rhythm, and electrical activity. You can buy online at Seniority portable ECG devices that can be easily connected to your android or iOS devices like smartphones and tablets to obtain a quick ECG result at home. Seniority has such medical devices online for you, that are convenient, portable and can prove to be good healthcare equipment for domestic use.
• Height and Weight Scales – Your Height-Weight ratio determines if you are underweight, overweight or obese. Having weight more than what is considered normal for your height can be dangerous and can cause different heart related diseases. Weight management issue is mainly a lifestyle-oriented problem which arises due unhealthy dietary habits, lack of physical exercise, irregular sleep cycles and much more. Inculcating healthy habits of eating, regular exercise and considerable amount of physical exertion can help you burn extra calories. Having a scale for height and weight at home can make it convenient for you to monitor your weight and height. You can buy such medical devices online from Seniority which includes mechanical scales as well as Digital weighing machines >>
>and height scales too.
• Hearing Aids - People with hearing impairment have lesser ability to hear than the people who have normal auditory sense. A Hearing aid >> is a small electrical device that is worn behind the ear in order to help patients hear better. The device is designed in such a way that it can make sounds louder for the person who is wearing it. This medical device helps them hear like any other person with a normal auditory sense. You can buy online at Seniority a hearing aid which can perfectly suit your needs.
Medical items or Medical devices play an important role in the healing process of a patient. Whenever a person is going through a certain medical condition or illness, medical devices help in the proper examination and assessment of those ailments so that a suitable treatment can be given by the health professional. Hence it is important that you choose a correct device which is of good quality and impeccable functionality. Seniority has the best range of medical equipment which comes from the houses of premium brands that are popular for their top quality of the products they deliver. You can buy the medical equipment that you need at some of the best deals and prices online at Seniority. There is a wide range of medical products online which includes medical devices like BP Monitors, Pulse Oximeters, Nebulizers, Thermometers, Glucometers etc. for you to choose from. You will have the best quality medical equipment from popular and trusted brands just a click away and at the best prices. Undoubtedly, you can have the most carefree shopping and healing experience with Seniority.
Medical Supplies Online at Seniority -
Seniority has made available a big range of medical supplies online for you at low prices. You can choose from brands like Siemens, Omron, Rossmax, Buerer, Apollo Pharmacy etc. that are popular globally for their healthcare services. Seniority is a one stop destination for your needs of home medical equipment.
Wholesale Medical Supplies -
One can search for medical equipment suppliers and wholesale dealers in India Online.
Seniority offers a range of medical equipment online at low prices. You can get in touch with us via –
Seniority is a home to over 50 brands that specialize in manufacturing of the best quality medical equipment and healthcare supplies. It has a lucrative range of brands that hold quality as their top most priority when it comes to medical instruments and supplies. Seniority houses top medical equipment brands like Apollo pharmacy, Beurer, Omron, Dr. Morepen, Siemens, Phillips, etc at the best deals and prices in India. Each brand has its own premium quality products on Seniority to help you shop your medical supplies at reasonable rates.
• Apollo Pharmacy -
Apollo Pharmacy is the largest healthcare group in Asia and is a part of the Apollo Hospitals. It has been accredited with International Quality Certification for offering genuine medicines round-the-clock through their pharmacies which are available 24X7. They also have their customer service available to attend to the needs of their customers any time of the day. Quality is an inseparable part of their existence and they have been providing the best medical service to people over the last 2 decades. Seniority has products like Thermometers, Nebulizers, BP Monitors, Glucometers etc from Apollo Pharmacy.
• Compressor Nebulizer - Apollo Pharmacy :
Nebulizers are useful in treating respiratory disorders by directly
administering medicines in the form of fine mist. This Compressor Nebulizer
comes with three interchangeable jet caps and can be helpful in managing
asthma, COPD, Bronchitis etc.
• Beurer -
Beurer is a popular brand which has speciality in manufacturing products for better health, wellbeing, baby care and beauty. It has headquarters based in Germany and has successfully extended its horizon world-wide since 1919. The brand has intensive collaboration with independent testing institutes and prestigious universities which helps them offer product ranges that help ensure the customers feel great all-round. The brand manufactures a number of medical devices like BP monitors, Digital Thermometers, Pulse Oximeters, Nebulizers etc.
• Multi-Functional Thermometer (FT 65) - Beurer :
This thermometer is designed in such a way that it can take readings of the body temperature from the forehead, ear and skin. It has a temperature alarm feature and great accuracy of readings.
comes with three interchangeable jet caps and can be helpful in managing
asthma, COPD, Bronchitis etc.
• Pulse Oximeter (PO 30) - Beurer:
The Beurer PO 30 Pulse Oximeters help you determine the saturation of oxygen and your pulse rate. This medical device is helpful for patients having cardiac disorders.
• Dr. Morepen -
The brand Dr. Morepen is a prime manufacturer of self-monitoring medical devices. It has recognized and upheld the importance of monitoring the health of the patients on a daily basis so that they can avail remedies to their medical condition well in time. The brand has a Home Health portfolio which includes medical devices like BP monitors, Nebulizers, Digital Thermometers Digital and Analog Weighing Scales, Pulse Oximeters etc. Quality healthcare and timely relief for the customers from the comfort of their homes is what Dr. Morepen seeks to achieve.
• Vaporizer VP06 - Dr. Morepen :
The Vaporizer from Dr. Morepen helps convert water into steam which can help treat nasal congestion or respiratory tract infections. It can also be used for treating your skin with steam therapy which helps against the problem of acne and pimples.
• Pulse Oximeter - Dr Morepen:
The pulse oximeter from Dr. Morepen is helpful in monitoring the saturation of oxygen in your blood. It has a dual color LED display and works on low power consumption.
• Omron -
Having their headquarters situated in Kyoto, Japan, Omron has a vision of having a future free from heart attacks and strokes. It is an international brand that has been into the healthcare care industry for the past 40 years. Innovating best quality medical equipment through extensive research, the brand has earned trust and reliability from its customers in over 110 countries. It is one of the largest medical equipment suppliers globally and is dedicated towards making the world a healthier place to live in. The brand specializes in manufacturing home blood pressure monitors and values innovation for larger social goods.
• Body Composition Monitor HBF-212 - Omron:
This medical device is designed to generate a comprehensive report of the vital body signs like weight, body fat, basal metabolic rate etc. It has a memory chip that can store data for 4 distinct users.
• Rossmax -
The company was founded in 1988 in Taipei, Taiwan. With the business fields of Prevention, Monitoring, and Therapy, the company has expanded its healthcare service in more than 80 countries. Today Rossmax is one of the leading brands producing quality health equipment and is committed to supplying premium solutions using supreme technologies for medical devices. The brand specializes in medical equipment relating to fitness, hypertension, respiratory care, fever management etc. It has pioneered research and product development through dedication for quality and excellence.
• RA600 Ear Thermometer - Rossmax:
The ear thermometer from Rossmax enables the user to measure the body temperature through the heat generated by the eardrum. All you need to do is just press and hold the start button for 3 seconds and then gently rotate the probe in a circular manner in the ear canal for accurate reading.
• Piston Nebulizer NE100 - Rossmax:
The Piston Nebulizer from Rossmax delivers air from a piston-powered compressor which creates a fine breathable mist of medications. The product comes with a mouthpiece and mask for an adult and a child.
• GB102 Aneroid Blood Pressure Monitor - Rossmax:
This medical device is Rossmax’s patented digital sphygmomanometer which is equipped to maintain its calibration even if it is dropped accidentally. It helps give accurate reading and can deliver up to 3000 measurements.
• Siemens -
One of the leading brands in the healthcare industry, Siemens is a company which has over 120 years of experience in medical technology and has prestigious 18,500 patents across the globe. Their business has expanded over 70 countries in the world with a workforce of over 50,000 employees that work towards building a better future for healthcare. The brand upholds the value for quality and innovation that can revolutionize the manufacturing of medical equipment worldwide. It seeks to expand premium healthcare and maintain its position as the ‘global powerhouse in healthcare.’ The brand has partnered with over top 100 healthcare providers globally and continues to grow.
Broadly, Medical Equipment can be classified into 5 types based upon the purpose they are used for or their functionality. They are as follows:
• Diagnostic Equipment - These are the types of medical devices that are purely used for the purpose of diagnosis. E.g. CT Scan, MRI Scan. X-Ray machine etc.
• Durable Medical Equipment - This kind of equipment is mainly used for providing mobility assistance or therapeutic relief to the users. E.g. Wheelchairs, Walkers, Crutches etc.
• Treatment Equipment - The medical device which is designed essentially to treat a specific health condition can fall into this type. E.g. Infusion pumps, Medical Lasers, Diagnostics scopes etc. Equipment like Surgical caps, Gloves, Glasses etc are used for surgical procedures.
• Life Support Equipment - The equipment which intends to retain the bodily functions of the patient are categorized as Life Support Equipment. Eg Ventilators, Dialysis Machine Incubators etc.
• Medical Laboratory Equipment - Medical clinics or diagnostic laboratories largely use Medical Laboratory Equipment. The primary use of this equipment is for the purpose of various kinds of analysis which includes blood, urine, genes and other biological samples.
2. What is the difference between medical devices and medical equipment?
According to the definitions given by WHO:
A Medical Device performs the tasks of diagnosing or monitoring different health conditions or ailments. It also is used to detect, measure, restore, correct or modify the structure and function of the body for some health issue. A device does so, without actually causing any chemical or metabolic changes in the body.
While Medical Equipment are those devices which need to be -
• Repaired from time to time and,
• Require a trained user for its operation
Such devices have flexible utility i.e. they can either be used alone or can be used by suitably pairing up with other accessories or devices as per the medical requirement of the patient. The term Medical Equipment does not include the devices that are implantable and which are single-use or disposable.
3. What is Medical Equipment Technology?
Seniority offers a wide range of essential products online. So, you can choose the required products and we will ensure that these everyday essentials are delivered at home. You can shop and buy various essential products at low price.
Healthcare is a rapidly expanding field in which research and innovation play key roles in the advancement of medical science. Healthcare is significantly dependent on medical technology so that health professionals can find new and better ways to exceed in their practice - diagnosis, clinical and surgical procedure, overall care of the patient. New and innovative developments of medical devices and equipment have made valuable contributions in the betterment of the healthcare industry. It is inclusive of innovations as small as adhesive bandages to complex machinery like MRI Scan, CT Scan, Robotic surgical procedures etc.
Robotic surgeries are a result of the consolidation of telehealth and medical equipment technology, wherein the physician does not even require to be present inside the operation room with patients to perform a certain surgical procedure. Such advancement is only the result of research and innovation. It only stresses more on the importance of the role that medical devices and medical equipment technology play in the advancement of healthcare.
4. What is the Medical Equipment used in hospitals?
The hospitals use a wide range of medical equipment which includes medical devices like MRI Scans, CT Scans, Ventilators, Dialyser, BP monitors, Nebulizers, Suction machines, Pulse Oximeters, ECG machines etc. to name a few.
5. What are the benefits of having medical devices at home?
Certain medical devices help you monitor and manage your health conditions. E.g. BP Monitors. If a person has the problem of hypertension, it can be very helpful to have a BP monitor at home as it will help in quick assessment of the blood pressure at home itself, he/she can keep a regular track of the BP and immediately can report to the doctor if any abnormalities are observed. Thus, having medical devices can save you the trouble of worsening your health condition and help in the prevention of serious casualties.
6. What care must be taken while using the medical equipment at home?
Medical equipment is delicate and valuable, which makes it important that it is handled with great care. Make sure that you read the instructions carefully before using any medical device. It is necessary to store the device in safe and hygienic conditions so that it does not get damaged. Clean the equipment after use as per the instructions if necessary. Do not leave any medical equipment unattended in the presence of children. Medical equipment needs to be calibrated, repaired and maintained as per the established standards from time to time.