Raw Buckwheat Un-Hulled - NutriBuck
- Special Offer
Buckwheat is neither a cereal grain nor related to the wheat. It is, in fact, a dicotyledon seed but treated in a similar way as any other common cereal grains. Buckwheat's well-balanced starch, protein, fat and mineral composition has found a renewed interest, particularly among the health-freaks.
Unhulled buckwheat is buckwheat that still has a hull covering a dark, triangular-shaped shell, which in turn covers the actual seed at the centre. The hull is very tough. Even after soaking and boiling, Unhulled buckwheat is too chewy for most people’s tastes. It can be ground into a dark buckwheat flour that will be greyish, with minute black specks in it. Because of the hull still in it, unhulled buckwheat flour will be stronger tasting and darker than flour ground from hulled buckwheat. Unhulled buckwheat can also be used to grow greens called variously “Buckwheat Lettuce”, “Buckwheat Grass” or “Buckwheat Greens.” These greens can be used for salads, sandwiches or juicing.
- Buckwheat helps in lowering cholestrol and blood pressure levels, and takes care of your cardiac health
- It cintains disease-fighting anti-oxidants and protective phenolic compounds that can help fight cancer and heart disease formation, in addition to supporting brain, liver and digestive health
- It is a great source of plant-based proteins and 12 amino acids that support energy, growth and muscle synthesis
- Buckwheat is low on glycemic index. This helps fight imbalances in blood sugar levels
- Buckwheat groats and flours are a great source of energy-boosting vitamin B, and minerals including manganese, magnesium, zinc and iron
- It is safe for anyone with celic disease or gluten-sensitivity
There are no customer reviews yet.Write a Review